To kindle a conducive learning environment on par with the best institutions worldwide, Chennai Public School has spared no effort or investment to ensure that the best infrastructure is made available to students to enable them to pursue their education with ease and comfort.
Architecture at Chennai Public School is an ample testimony to the kind of importance the management has laid on infrastructure. Massive construction with well laid out air-conditioned classrooms and impressive façade greet visitors.
Ergonomically designed fully air-conditioned and networked classrooms are supported with high on technology- Smart board, projector and desktop with Internet facilities and 5.1 surround audio system.
Smart Class – Interactive Digital classroom:
At CPS, a conscious effort has been made to usher in the benefits of modern technology directly to the students. To break the monotony of Traditional teaching, Chennai Public School is the fore runner in conceptualising Smart classrooms.
Smart Class is a comprehensive solution designed to assist teachers meet their day to day classroom challenges and enhances student's academic performance with simple, practical & meaningful use of technology.
Smart Class Learning Edge:
- Improves teacher effectiveness and productivity
- Brings abstract and difficult curriculum concepts to life
- Makes learning an enjoyable experience for students
- Improves academic performance of students
- Enables instant formative assessment of learning outcomes in class
The curriculum reach unfolds from Kindergarten to Class XII covering subjects from Mathematics, Science, English, Social Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Civics, Geography and Commerce. The basket of options for various topics may include a range of multimedia animations with voice over, an assortment of classroom activities and ideas, and a remote assessment package linked to selected topics.
Results and evaluation of performance have proved doubtless the efficacy and indispensability of the concept. Smart Interactive Digital Classrooms is the nucleus of Chennai Public School schooling.
The labs at Chennai Public School are safe, spacious, ventilated and well-equipped to accommodate more than 40 students to support cutting edge experimentation. The laboratories in our institution include:
- Science Lab – A hands-on learning centre for children to enjoy learning by sheer experience. Individual labs for Physical and Biological Sciences have been set up for students of all classes. The special feature of these labs is the latest technological devices to aid scientific learning.
- Math lab – At CPS, math lab help the Junior and Senior students to understand abstract concepts through designed activities using manipulatives, 2D & 3D models, board games, mind games, etc. This experience allows them to discover many important mathematical principles making math learning easy and enjoyable.
- English lab – English lab at Chennai Public School throws light to hone English learning and Communication skills, to build strong vocabulary, phonetics, intonation and modulation. We equip our young learners from Kindergarten to Class V to hone the skills of articulation and social graces to pave way for professional success in the future. PCs and headsets with microphones are assigned for every individual student to promote over all proficiency in the English language.
- Computer lab – Computer Lab at Chennai Public School is fully networked and equipped with latest computers to accommodate 75 students proves technology is not simply taught as a ‘stand alone’ class; rather every effort is made to incorporate technology as an information gathering tool into the subject specific area. We challenge our students and inspire them to expand their way of thinking. As our students begin to truly believe in themselves and their abilities, they develop the skills to succeed in school and life.
- Robotics lab - Robotics curriculum at Chennai Public School is offered from classes III to VIII. This course introduces students to basics of modeling, designing, planning, and control of robotic systems. They gain exposure to the systems of sensors, control systems, manipulators, power supplies and software that work together to perform a task. The curriculum has a set of targets for children of appropriate age groups and the child is tested in the acquired skills for creativity, problem solving and teamwork.
- Iken science lab - Chennai Public School Iken lab is the first of its kind in the South East Asia which supports the development of key cross disciplinary skills among learners and helps them to understand scientific concepts using indigenously designed kits. This science based curriculum gives students the hands-on experience in learning science the practical way through well designed experiments and project work. The essence of iKen lies in making abstract concepts simpler by practical learning. Students of classes IV to IX are greatly benefited by this facility.
Despite the fact that the worldwide web has made inroads into the reading habits of children all over the globe, the indispensability of the book-reading practice can never be replaced. The school has a full-fledged well-stocked library with spacious reference and reading areas for the benefit of all students in their pursuit of knowledge. The library has been neatly categorized subject-wise for easy reference based on the age and class groups. The entire operation is computerized including the acquisition of books, cataloguing, lending, financial transactions, reminder follow-up, return, renewal and allocation of books.
The Chennai Public School library has a collection of 5000 books on all kinds of academic and non-academic subjects which are very useful for extra reading and widening horizons. The junior section consists of subjective books, fiction and audio-visual aids. The books are periodically renewed and updated. The senior section comprise subject specific books, Encyclopaedia, Science journals, periodicals, question banks, closed reference books. Apart from regular books relating to academic subjects, the library also subscribes to top journals and publications in various areas for faculty members.
Also available are a huge collection of educational CDs, database of videos related to informative and interesting episodes of National Geographic Channel, Animal Planet, BBC and Discovery Science, etc.
No wonder why Chennai Public School library is the hub for excellent and exclusive learning beyond classrooms.
The school has world –class facilities for both indoor and outdoor games and sports with state-of –the-art 400 m synthetic track, Basketball court, Football court, cricket pitch, Skating rink, , Chess and Carrom Zone, Archery zone, Table Tennis, separate Indoor Halls for Yoga , Martial Arts such as Karate and Kung Fu.
Absolutely air conditioned Hi Tech auditorium with a seating capacity of 1000 students is a place to organize cultural programs, lectures and Inter school competitions, common examinations. Arrangements at our Auditorium includes perfect seating facility, audio facility, and other arrangements, which enable us to organize various programmes whenever required.
90 Seater Multi purpose Conference Hall with Teleconferencing facility is designed with extra comfort and it serves as a hub for Guest Lectures, Enrichment programs, workshops and forum for students and staff.
Other amenities available to all students at Chennai Public School include:
- Student Counseling cell
- Sand pit
- Sports field
- Resource Data Centre